People with dry hair that breaks and has split ends know how hard it is to stop the problems with the traditional ordinary shampoos. This kind of hair needs a shampoo that contains nourishing ingredients that cleans the scalp while giving the hair all the essential nutrients it needs to stop the breakage, dryness and split ends.
The best shampoo for breakage and split ends should not contain ingredients such as sodium chloride and sulfates that dry the hair further. The shampoos below are some of the best to use in order to stop the split ends and breakage.
NEXXUS PROMEND Split End Repairing System Flax Seed Oil Shampoo
- Rich in elasticin proteins
- Contains flax seed as one of the main ingredients
- Advanced formula that gives hair a healthier and natural look
- Natural ingredients
- Scientifically proven to work
NEXXUS is a shampoo rich in concentrated elastin proteins and flax seed that help to cleanse the hair and scalp as well as bind the split ends. A favorite with many salon professionals, the shampoo uses natural protein ingredients all scientifically proven using advanced methods to feed the hair with nutrients. The advanced formula smooths every hair strand ensuring that there are no future split ends.
Alongside elastin-protein and flax seed are other potent ingredients that add to the effectiveness of the shampoo. Other benefits of the shampoo are helping to treat any damage caused to the hair by heat styling and giving the hair a natural and healthier look. The shampoo also helps to detangle the hair leaving it straight and easier to maintain.
For the best results, use NEXXUS PROMEND Conditioner after rinsing off the shampoo and finish off with NEXXUS PROMEND Split End Binding Leave In Crème or the efficient NEXXUS Protecting Mist.
- Cleanses and binds the split ends
- Uses an advanced formula that helps to detangle and the hair
- Gentle on the skin and hair
- Contains flax seed and elasticin protein that help to nourish the hair
- Realigns and seals all the split ends
- Replenishes lost nutrients
- Does not leave any residue on the scalp or hair
- Has an amazing smell
- Using the shampoo on its own leaves the hair dry
- Does not do to well for black hair
Tresemme Split Remedy Shampoo
- Salon quality formula
- With three uses, it reduces the split ends
- Gentle cleanser
Tresemme is a large company that manufactures quality hair, body, skin and beauty products. The above spit end shampoo moisturizes and cleanses the hair leaving it looking healthy and easy to manage. The shampoo has the ability to reduce split ends by 80% with only three uses.
The advanced formula that the product uses is an innovative reconstructing complex that fixes all the damage to the hair and repairs the split ends. The result after using the shampoo is clean, fresh, soft, and easy to style smooth hair.
- Deeply cleanses and moisturizes the hair
- Uses an advanced formula to repair split ends and damaged hair it’s a two-in one bottle as it is both a shampoo and a conditioner
- Reduces split ends up to 80% in just three weeks
- Softens the hair
- Cools and lightens the scalp
- Fuller and more natural looking hair
- Great smell
- Does not eliminate the split ends for every user
- Contains sodium laureth sulphate
- Scalp irritation for some users
Proclaim Coconut Anti-Breakage Shampoo
- Formulated with coconut oil
- Contains hydrolyzed silk and vitamins
- Revitalizes, nourishes, smooths and cleanses
- Prevents breakage of hair
- Does not contain gluten, petrolatum and mineral oil
Coconut oil is one of the best ingredients used in shampoos to fix some problems. The oil is natural and comes with immense health benefits. One of the main functions of coconut oil is to revitalize the hair. Proclaim Coconut Anti-Breakage Shampoo is rich in the superfoods ingredient, which makes it a great product for stopping hair breakage.
Other ingredients in the shampoo include water, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed silk and glycerin among many others. The results of using the shampoo after a few washes, leave you hair looking and feeling shiny, healthy and strong.
- Rich in coconut oil which is a great revitalizing agent
- Stops hair breakage
- Feeds the hair and scalp with moisture and nutrients
- Smells great
- Contains no sulfate
- Expensive compared to other shampoos
Wrapping it up
Some of the things that lead to hair breakage and split ends are heat styling tools, colors and chemical treatments. All these lead to the weakening of the hair making it extremely delicate. The best solution for these problems is using the best shampoo for breakage and split ends.
The above shampoos are some of the best in the market and they come with ingredients that are friendly to the skin and hair. The shampoos are what you can call the preventive measures to stopping further damage and turning your back to a healthy, softer, smoother and fuller look.