Scalp acne is characterized by small itchy pimples that appear on the hairline. This type of acne may be subtle in comparison to face or body acne, but that does not mean that it is a small problem to deal with.
Scalp acne occurs when the hair follicles are clogged with oils and dirt. Fortunately, this condition can be treated using the best shampoo and conditioner for acne-prone skin. These shampoos have been formulated using natural ingredients that are gentle and safe for sensitive skin. They will unclog your cores while offering a soothing feeling to your irritated scalp. Here, we review the top three shampoos that are effective in treating scalp acne. Read on and learn more about these fantastic products.
Neutrogena T/SAL Therapeutic Shampoo
Neutrogena is widely known for producing top-rated hair and skin products, and this formula is no exception. This medicated shampoo has salicylic acid as its active ingredient.
Salicylic acid is a powerful hydroxy acid effective in the treatment of psoriasis, dry skin, acne, as well as other skin-related conditions. This premium shampoo is free from any preservatives, added color or fragrance making it a perfect choice for treating a troubled scalp
It is recommended by dermatologists to bring a soothing effect to a dry, itchy scalp. You will experience relief from itchiness after just one use as the shampoo works to unclog hair follicles and to clear away the dirt that has accumulated over time
- Formulated with salicylic acid which is proven to treat skin-related conditions such as dandruff, psoriasis and dry scalp
- Dermatologically recommended which shows its effectiveness and safety
- Continues to offer soothing effects to your scalp long after rinsing off
- It contains no artificial colorings or preservatives
- It is fragrance-free
- It made some hair to feel dry
Acne Zap-Shampoo for Scalp Acne
This all-natural shampoo is specifically designed to fight scalp acne. It works to unclog the greasy pores leaving your scalp clean and invigorated. It is also formulated to moisturize and soothe dry flaking scalps minimizing scarring and irritation.
This premium recipe combines both anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory features making it one of the most sought-after acne shampoos on the market. These antiseptic properties are effective in combating the effects of acne and preventing the re-occurrence of the same. The formula is free of harmful irritants but instead incorporates natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, sulfur, birch leaves extract, safflower, and borage seeds. All these are elements you can trust to combat scalp acne, pimples, and zits.
This shampoo by Acne Zap provides the most effective and simple way of treating scalp acne. It will penetrate deep into your pores and clean them out, giving you a fresh scalp free of any irritations. Moreover, the natural ingredients ensure that no harmful elements find their way into your scalp, making the situation even worse.
- All-natural ingredients that are safe for an irritated scalp
- Soothes itchy and irritated scalp
- Very effective in dealing with scalp acne, zits, and pimples
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. A combination that is rare to find in regular acne shampoos
- Offers 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Safe to be used daily
- Has a strong scent
- It did not work for some users
- A user claimed to have purchased a product that has been watered down
Tea to Tub Soap Berry for Hair
In most cases, hair care products that have designed to combat scalp acne end up drying the hair and scalp, leaving the user with another dilemma to deal with. This is where the soapberry for hair steps in as it has formulated to deal with acne and hydrate the hair and scalp as well.
This best shampoo for acne-prone skin harnesses the potent antiseptic properties of wild soapberry to heal an irritated scalp while maintaining a balanced PH of 5.5.
The deep cleansing shampoo also blends in organic Moroccan Argan oil, Chamomile, Aloe, and olive leaf. All these ingredients work together to make this product a world-class shampoo for treating scalp acne and hydrating the skin.
It is a natural and gentle formula that is free of harsh chemicals, toxins, and artificial fragrances. With this shampoo, you will have the benefits of itchy free soft hair with balanced moisturization.
- A unique formula that that fights scalp acne and balances your hair’s moisture
- Non-irritant shampoo free of harmful artificial chemicals
- Balances the PH of your hair
- Easy to lather
- Packed with essential oils to moisturize the hair
- A user observed that it made his hair very oily
- Not effective for severe acne
Clogged follicles are the main culprits for scalp acne. The small itchy pimples that are usually along the hairline can cause a lot of discomforts and interfere with your daily activities. Using the best shampoo and conditioner for acne-prone skin is the surest way of solving this dilemma. The above-reviewed products have been tested and proved effective in dealing with scalp acne, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, and dry scalp. Order yours today and enjoy the freedom of an itchy-free scalp.