When you style your hair with different hair colors you need a cleansing partner that will not strip your hair. Highlighting or dying your hair comes with many downsides, which may include dryness, split ends, and loss of its vibrancy, among others. The chemicals found in the dyes cause this. Unfortunately, most of the shampoos used to cleanse the hair are also loaded with sulfates, which helps them to produce the foamy lather. Sulfate is known to cause hair dryness and fade hair color. It is for this reason that beauty professionals recommend using the best sulfate free shampoo for color treated hair.
Sulfate-free shampoos work by leaving out harsh cleansing agents and locking in the moisture to prevent color from fading, and they seldom irritate the skin. When looking for a sulfate-free shampoo for your hair, choose one which meets your hair’s specific needs. For example, if your hair is prone to breakage, look for a strengthening formula. Below is a review of some of the best sulfate-free shampoos for color-treated hair which you can try out.
Best Sulfate Free Shampoo for Color Treated Hair Review
R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo
R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo is a nourishing shampoo that gives the hair body, strength, softness and smoothness worthy of being televised! Juniper Berry Extract, the main ingredient of the shampoo, helps to maintain the scalps oil balance while adding weightless moisture to the hair. Glycerin and BabassuSeed Oil are moisturizers used to keep the moisture balance and to condition dry hair and scalp. Panthenol penetrates the hair to provide hydration.
- Provides hair with body and shine
- It results in smooth, soft and strong hair
- Its ingrdents are natural extracts which are friendly to the scalp
- Helps the hair to retain moisture
- It can make the hair greasy
- It is pricey
- The fragrance is too strong
- The shipment can be leaky
Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste
Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste Shampoo was developed for unmanageable curly hair, which is difficult to style. If your hair is undisciplined, then this magical shampoo, with natural ingredients, will help you clean the hair to the root and also, offer the right dosage of evenly distributed care to restore the hair’s natural touch and fiber. It gives the hair makes the hair softness and suppleness while providing the ideal movement.
Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste is a rich, white, creamy gel that is enriched with amino acids to protect your sensitized or color-treated hair against humidity and frizz.
- It restores and re-establishes the hair integrity
- It is made of natural ingredients
- It makes hair highly manageable
- It gives the hair a soft, shiny and smooth finish
- Provides the hair with a natural movement, and a frizz-free finish
- Nourishes the hair
- There may be traces of sulfates
- Can affect the hair’s keratin
- Poor packaging and delivery
Alterna Caviar Anti-aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo
This is a luxe shampoo that restores moisture to dry and dull hair and keeps it hydrated. Its formular includes a pure caviar extract, which is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamins A, C, and D, minerals and proteins, it protects the hair against signs of aging. With only use, you will observe improved and replenished hair, which looks much younger. It is made with a blend of Sea Silk, and an Age Control Complex, which targets the physical, environmental, and natural aging signs, as well as stress. These are the culprit to older-looking hair, which is brittle, dry and prone to breakage.
Alterna Caviar Anti-aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo is one of the first haircare shampoos which addresses the natural, chemical and environmental aging process. It uses ingredients that work to restore elasticity, hydration, strength and vibrancy of hair.
- It is sulfate, parabens and Phthalates free
- Provides anti-aging effects for a youthful-looking hair
- Improves hair’s texture, softness, manageability and shininess
- It hydrates dry and dull hair
- This product has been counterfeited, and the fake products are being circulated in the market
- The return policy is very frustrating
- It may cause an itchy and flaky scalp to some people
- It is costly
Sulfate-free shampoos are quite useful to color-treated or sensitized hair as they moisturize the hair and lock in the moisture to make it soft, smooth and more manageable. They offer a protection shield to the hair by leaving out the harsh chemicals in cleaning agents to prevent hair color from fading.
When deciding on the best sulfate free shampoo for color-treated hair, it is important to understand what your hair lacks or needs mostly, so that you can choose a shampoo which will offer those added benefits. If, for example, looks aged and frizzled out, select Caviar Alterna Anti-aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo.